Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Fitness to All and to All a Good Bike!


I didn't get a "good bike" for Christmas, but it is a lovely sentiment!


It's such a treat to spend the Holidays with my family in the 80 degree weather Florida is so famous for. We started Christmas Eve at my Aunt and Uncle's party on the south end of the island and worked our way up to the north end at my other Aunt and Uncle's party.
Grandma Tilly and I at Aunt Maureen and Uncle Kevin's Christmas Eve Party

We drank and ate too much and finally found our way back home.

Christmas morning my brother woke me up early to open presents around the tree with Mom, Dad and the dogs. My brother Jake got a surf board and a skateboard (from me), Dad got a ton of new golf gear, Mom got some jewelry she'd been eyeing and I got a few fun odds and ends. Even the dogs got new collars and some holiday treats.



Top: Mom with the Mermaid Painting I gave her, Bottom: Dad with his new Iron Man Watch
Then we got in the car and drove up to the north end of the island to visit my Dad's parents for breakfast and gifts.

Jake riding the Bustin Board Skateboard I gave him and Dad
After a well-deserved nap and some cooking we piled in the car again to go south to my Mom's Mom's house for dinner and gifts. My Dad made the family seafood gumbo (and me a vegetarian version, thanks Dad!) I'm always so impressed by what delicious food our family can produce! Mom made some amazing potatoes and Grandma cooked up a variety of scrumptious side dishes.

My cousins Cara and Diana made it into town from Tampa and Athens, GA where they are in school, and it was wonderful to visit with them.

From Left to Right: Diana (cousin from Tampa. FL), Krista (friend from Tallahassee, FL), Jacob (brother), Me, and Cara (cousin from Athens, GA )

Delirious from food and sweets, I met up with my girlfriends to eat some more and exchange gifts late into the night.

Some Christmas highlights include a pretty purple Iron man watch, swimming goggles, bike gloves, a variety of gift cards, an adorable pair of gold ballet flats and even a super-cute, wonderfully practical lunch box:)

I hope everyone reading this had as wonderful of a Holiday as my family did. Merry Fitness to All!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: