Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ocean College Swim Meet II



Yesterday the FIT swim team got up early to head out to the Jersey Shore for the second match with Ocean College's fantastic swim team. None of us were feeling particularly motivated that morning...it was cold outside and even a bit chilly on the pool deck. But I was excited to be swimming the first meet in our new swimsuits and caps (check it out above)!


I swam four events:
The 200 Medley Relay: Backstroke
The 50 Freestyle
The 100 Backstroke
The 200 Freestyle Relay

Since our team is only about 10 swimmers and Ocean's has, oh, at least 40 or so, we had no chance of "winning." But we did well and by the end I was feeling great in the pool. 

I actually cut about 5 seconds off my 100 Backstroke time, but was still 4 seconds too slow to qualify for Nationals. I figured I'd make it next year when my coach told me I had actually qualified for nationals in my 200 backstroke! What? When did this happen!? (Actually, I know when it happened since I've only competed in that event once...) Hmm, that should be interesting!

We finished the day with a trip to Panera Bread (a suburban treat for us Manhattanites). Now we're looking forward to Nationals in upstate NY in two weeks!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: