Thursday, October 16, 2008

Adventures in Advertising





As you may or may not know, I'm an advertising major and am always scoping out the billboards and busses around the city for great, creative ads to fuel my imagination. I love ads that really speak to the consumer, ones that relate on a truly personal, "I know you" type of level.


The NYC Marathon is fast approaching, and Asics, one of the sponsors, has been running a great campaign all over New York.

I love these ads because they speak specifically to the New York City runner. I'm not running the marathon, but I relate to and appreciate the messages behind the ads. They get me excited about the event and about relating to a larger community of runners, and of New Yorkers. It's an Ah, Yes kind of moment when I see the ad and secretly smile to myself, knowing they're talking to me.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Vincent said...

I also really like the new balance adds. I haven't been able to find the exact one online, but the Love/Hate adds that they had in the magazines about a year ago. I've got a few posted on my wall.

http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/New%20Balance.jpg


My favorite being the one where Running is described as a significant other dragging you out of bed in the morning.